Everest North Col
This page will keep you upto date with my Everest North Col expedition. I recieved an email from Ellis Brigham on the 4th of Feb informing me that I've won their Everest North Col trip. I'm pretty excited.
The North Col is at 7033m so it's a great opportunity to get high up on such a great mountain. I may have to go from the Nepalese side instead in which case I will be going for Lobuche Peak which is on the south side of Everest at 6119 m instead.
The trip was supposed to happen this year but unfortunaltly the dates clash with with my Arctic expedition. Luckily the guys from Mountain equipment and Ellis Brigham have been great about it and don't mind when I go.
The expedition is being run by the legendary Russell Brice. I've been in contact with Russell and have suggested that I go on the 4th of April to the 29 April 2010.
Another exciting prospect is that as part of the Everest trip I will recieve some shiny new kit fromand they have kindly agreed to let me have the kit before I go to the Arctic.
The website has become outdated so I'm working on adding new content from my recent expedition/the last 3 years and am having the site redesigned so check it out on a few weeks time.
- I've been playing in the Himalayas check out Steffi's blog
- I'm now available for public speaking
- Check out Jon's diving website
- I've just returned from the UAE for some winter action. I plan to return early Feb.
- My attempt to be the first to circumnavigate the Musandam peninsular in Oman ended for me in deportation. Here is a link to the trips facebook page.
- I've just spent few epic days climbing in Scotland. Here is a link to Steve's article on the trip.
- Visit my Old News